Staying hydrated and snacking are musts if you plan on dancing through the weekend at Firefly this weekend.While the festival does have a ton of food choices, packing your own stuff will save you money, and will come in handy when you have those late night munchies or want to delay your entry into the festival.
Here is some top tips to packing food for Firefly:
- Avoid taking delicate fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid things that need to be chilled (such as dairy) past the first day. It has a good chance of spoiling in the heat.
- Don't reheat meat or rice as this could lead to illness. (and ruin your weekend)
- Firefly does not allow glass so pack accordingly.
Note: Stores are close near the camp ground to restock on food throughout the weekend. BUT It is a lot easier for general campers to access these places than the premiere campers. So keep that in mind when packing.
Food to Pack:
- Freeze scrambled eggs with veggies (pre-firefly) Keep on dry ice.
- Banana, apples, oranges
- Peanut Butter
- Trail Mix
- Power Bars
- Beef Jerky
- Dried Fruit
- Instant Noodles
- Beer (cans)